Monday, May 4, 2015

Stir Fry!

I've made it my mission to keep my husband and myself from being bored on our plan to eat healthy. We were both hungry for Chinese so I went in search of an easy recipe for a stir fry sauce. This is what I found.

http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-stir-fry-sauce-83624

The recipe is easy to follow and the sauce came out delicious.

The only thing I would do differently would be to use the 3 tablespoons of cornstarch, instead of 2. (You have the option.) Mine came out just a tad soupy...just a tad.

Anyway, I got lean pork and cut it into bite-sized pieces. I cooked it in a frying pan, using cocoanut non-stick spray. I used frozen veggies I got at Wal*Mart. There are a few kinds of stir fry veggies. I like the one with water chestnuts. :)

When the meat was cooked through, I added the sauce. As that cooked,(it boils for a minute) I steamed the veggies. It was a quick, easy supper that was super good.

And a welcome break from chicken and fish on our diet.

The next time I make it, I'll be using shrimp. Yum!

Happy Reading

susan meier

No comments:

Post a Comment