Sunday, April 19, 2015

Applesuace Muffins with Pear

I couldn't have started this journey at a better time. Last week, my husband's doctor told him he needed to lose forty pounds. What better way to show someone you love them than to help them on their journey. Especially with a sweet treat.

My husband is a really cool guy. Last night, I couldn't sleep. So when we needed to wake at six-thirty this morning, I was too tired to get up. He rolled out of bed first and ten minutes later woke me with a cup of coffee. :)

It took me a few years into our marriage to realize that he might not use fancy words or do "romantic" gestures, but after our first fight, he made me mashed potatoes and roast beef -- my favorite dinner. He doesn't always bring me coffee in bed, but he does it at the right times. LOL And...this is what a great guy he is...for my birthday this year, he's building me a planting table so I can grow tomatoes, cucumbers, beans and peppers

Such a great guy deserves a sweet treat, even when on a diet. ;)

http://www.aspicyperspective.com/2013/05/applesauce-muffins.html






We start with this recipe for Applesauce Muffins with Pear from A Spicy Perspective.

Two things I noticed. First, the ingredients are just slightly out of order in terms of use. Second, I made 16 muffins instead of twelve. That might be because I used a really BIG pear. In spite of the batter going into 16 tins instead of 12, cooking time was still 20 minutes.

The muffins came out PERFECT! Not too sweet, but delicious. And, the good news is, we can freeze most of these to be taken out, popped into the microwave and eaten when we really need a treat.

These will help even ME stick to a diet! LOL

BTW, I couldn't find a calorie count on these. With applesauce replacing oil and so little sugar, it can't be too bad. But, as always, use your discretion in terms of your own diet and DON'T EAT TOO MANY! :0)

Happy Cooking!

susan meier

No comments:

Post a Comment