Monday, April 27, 2015

April 27, 2015 Meal Ides

I'm back. When we last spoke, I talked about how I wasn't the only one in my family who needed to lose weight. For the sake of his health, especially his back, my husband needs to lose forty pounds. Last week, we discovered two things. First, he doesn't know enough about "how" to diet. LOL (I need to teach him some lines to repeat over and over again in his head to remind him of why he needs to stick to a program.) Two, I didn't know how to put any variety in our meals. I found myself repeating the same three or four meals over and over, and let's face it. Those got old quick.

So, after a discussion with my daughter-in-law, who loves to cook, is a great cook,  and who spends a lot of time on Pinterest reading recipes, I came up with a bunch of different suppers to keep our diet from being boring...or feeling like punishment!

Here goes...

Zataran's fish. (I'll do a post on this soon...on most of these meals.)
Chicken with jalapenos and mushrooms
Chicken tacos
Salad (varies ie the Southwest Chicken Salad -- with grilled chicken -- from McDonalds is yummy and low fat/low cal. Panera Bread's Greek Salad is another good choice)
Stuffed Peppers (turkey hamburger and a small amount of brown rice)
Turkey sausage, eggs fried in cocoanut oil, whole wheat bagel thins (for breakfast for supper)
Shrimp and veggies
Chicken on the grill with veggies
Whole wheat spaghetti with turkey sausage and diced tomato sauce
Whole wheat macaroni with diced tomatoes and a bit of butter :)
Lean pork grilled with grilled veggies

I'm actually keeping a paper list of meal choices. I hope to add to it. But you can see from the above that we have over a week's worth of suppers with no repeats.

I think variety will help us both stick to a healthy eating plan. Plus, once we lose the weight, we can shift from turkey hamburger to regular hamburger as one "step" to get us back to normal eating. The way I understand it, we don't want to jump back into eating "normally."

But that's another blog.

Happy Reading...and eating...

susan meier

No comments:

Post a Comment