Sunday, April 19, 2015

How It Started

About five years ago, a stirring of desire to cook rose in me. In this day and age of every dish imaginable frozen or in a box, I'd managed to feed my family without ever really cooking. Except turkey or ham on holidays! With the stirring prodding me, I tried a few recipes, failed miserably and let the desire drift away.

But it came back about once and year and every time it did, I'd find a few recipes, try them, fail and let the desire drift away in easy box dinners and delicious takeout.

This year, however, the desire isn't going away. Not only are my husband and I both overweight from too much takeout, and both warned to lay off processed foods and takeout, but also it seems God is showing me what an intimate activity cooking is. Providing sustenance for your family is a very basic way of showing love. Cooking itself can be a family activity. Eating together, at a table, not in front of the TV, is a foundation of good relationships.

So I begin. :)

susan meier

No comments:

Post a Comment